The CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering qualification has been developed to address the growing need of the catering industry to make learning more relevant to specific business environments and meet the National Occupational Standards. The CIEH Level 2 Food Safety courses provide a flexible syllabus, which enables training to be tailored to meet specific needs.
Who needs this qualification?
Food safety training is for employees in the workplace who participate in activities related the catering industry. The food safety course is ideal for those working in the catering and hospitality industry or those who would like to gain knowledge in food hygiene.
Anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail where food is prepared, cooked and handled. This food safety certificate is ideal for food handlers who work in:
- Pubs, hotels and restaurants
- Cafes, takeaway’s, market stalls and pop up venues
- Care homes
- General public, who want to know about food safety and how you can control safety in a home environment
- Food and drink manufacturers
- Supermarkets and retail environments
Why is this training important?
Everyone who works with food has a responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
What are the learning outcomes?
Candidates who attend the CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering course should:
- Learn the importance of food safety and gain knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- Understand how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling)
- Gain the confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers.
Topics covered include:
- Food safety and hygiene hazards
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment.
- Duration: One-day programme (6 hours + 45min/1 hour break) and 1 hour assessment
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination (30 questions with 20 correct to pass)
- Ofqual Accredited: Yes
- Ofqual qualification reference: Catering – 500/5476/4
- Candidate prerequisite requirements: None
- Price includes: Light refreshments, exam fees and the CIEH food safety certificate of award on passing
All candidates will have to show some form of photographic ID on the day of course, e.g. a passport or ID card.
The Basic Food Hygiene course was replaced by and renamed ´CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering´ in 2006. New legislation recommends that training must be appropriate for the work done. It is recommended that certificates are renewed every 3 years and refresher training taken yearly through training.
Please note that CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering exam paper is also available in different languages such as Polish, French, Italian, Bengali, Chinese and many more.
Anyone can enroll for this course. You do not have to be employed in catering establishments to join in.
&Edit=true food safety