This CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing course has been developed to address the growing need to make learning more relevant to specific business environments and meet the National Occupational Standards. The CIEH Level 2 Awards in Food Safety provide a flexible syllabus, which enables training to be tailored to meet specific needs.
Who needs this qualification?
Employees working as a general food handler, where food is being produced, prepared, cooked, served, stored or distributed. This food safety training suits most employees in all types of food manufacturing businesses including:
- Food and drink manufacturers
- Food packaging manufacturers
Why is this training important?
Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
What are the learning outcomes?
Candidates who attend the CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing course should:
- Learn the importance of food safety and gain knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- Understand how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling)
- Gain the confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to food safety
- The law
- Food safety hazards
- Temperature control
- Heat processing of foods
- Food handlers
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
- Duration: One-day programme (6 hours + 45min/1 hour break) and 1 hour assessment
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination (30 questions with 20 correct to pass)
- Ofqual Accredited: Yes
- Ofqual qualification reference: Manufacturing – 500/5091/6
- Candidate prerequisite requirements: None
- Price includes: Light refreshments, exam fees and the CIEH food safety certificate of award on passing
All candidates will have to show some form of photographic ID on the day of course, e.g. a passport or ID card.
New legislation recommends that training must be appropriate for the work done. It is recommended that certificates are renewed every 3 years and refresher training taken yearly through training.
Please note that the CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing exam paper is also available in different languages (Polish, Portuguese, Latvian and Lithuanian).
Anyone can enrol for this course. You do not have to be employed in manufacturing establishments to join in.